Handley Regional Library System and the Friends of the Handley Regional Library System are excited to announce the “Expect the Unexpected” Friends Used Book Sale running December 7-12 at Bowman Library. This book sale has several new safety adjustments due to COVID-19. Fifteen shoppers will be allowed to access the sale at a time and will need to make an appointment to shop with a 1-hour time limit (following the library system’s adjusted public hours) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Book prices will range from $1-$2 and will include fiction, non-fiction, paperbacks, DVDs, CDs, and children’s books. Restocking will occur as space becomes available. Books will be in boxes around the room for shoppers to sort and pick their own selection. Additional surprises may be announced as the sale progresses and as safety and resources allow. Proceeds from the sale benefit library programs and services at all 3 libraries in the system. Additional guidelines and safety precautions will be announced and implemented as needed. More information is available at https://www.handleyregional.org/support-the-library/friends/book-sale.
“We know the community looks forward to this book sale every season and we are following all safety guidelines and will continue to monitor and adjust as needed,” says John Huddy, Director of Handley Regional Library System. “We thank the Friends and Barbara for finding a safe and realistic way to hold the sale as proceeds help fund the library system. We invite everyone who is comfortable to make an appointment, shop the sale, stock up on your favorite reads, and support your library system.”
Additional Logistics and Safety Precautions
- Masks must be worn at all times to enter the building and while shopping
- On-going sanitation of the room and public space will occur
- Social distancing precautions must be observed at all times
- 15 shoppers are allowed in the meeting room at one time by reservation only
- You will receive a reservation confirmation with your appointment time and date
- Sale Hours: M-Th 10AM-6PM, Fri 10AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM
- Patrons may enter and exit the sale through the back exterior emergency exit door of the Bowman Meeting Room leading to the parking lot.
- Payment is by exact change, credit card, or check only. Cashier is behind plexiglass sneezeguards.
- Book donations are not being accepted at this time.